Mossley 2 - 2 1st Bangor

1st Bangor continued their unbeaten run away from home with a hard fought draw with Mossley but will no doubt be kicking themselves that they didn't hang on for the win with Mossley equalising with literally the last kick of the match.

1st Bangor were admittedly slow to get going with Mossley piling on the pressure from the 1st whistle.  However, it was 1st Bangor who surprisingly took the lead through bizarre circumstances.  With Steven Cairnduff sliding in somewhat innocuously on Mossley's keeper, the keeper then inexcusably stamped on Carinduff's knee in clear sight of the referee.  The referee had no choice but to give the keeper his marching orders and award 1st Bangor a penalty.  Croker duly slotted the pen home to put 1st Bangor 1-0 up.

However, Mossley continued to press hard and this pressure eventually provided dividends with Mossley eventually beating man of the match Rob Brown to make it 1-1.

The second half saw the introductions of McNamara, Scott and Beggs and the changes soon paid off with Jeff McNamara rolling back the years to stroll through the Mossley defence and fire home to finish off some sensational interplay by 1st Bangor on the edge of the Mossley box.  As the game began to open up and the tackles started to fly in 1st Bangor had several break away chances to finish the game off but just lacked a decent final pass in the final third.

And so with the chances going begging at one end it was at the other were the final goal-mouth action was to happen, Mossley grabbing the equaliser in the last seconds of the match with a hard hit low cross going in off the unfortunate Michael Corkum.

Team:  R Brown, T Elliot, M Pollard, M Corkum, I Caldwell, M Paul (J MacNamara), A Caldwell, G Chelariu, C Moore (C Scott), S McCormick, S Cairnduff (D Beggs)

Mossley 2 - 2 1st Bangor

Other News

Civil Service 0-2 1st Bangor
Greenisland 0-0 1st Bangor
Tandragee Rovers 3-3 1st Bangor
Annah United 3-0 1st Bangor
1st Bangor 1-1 Rathfriland